*Refer a friend scheme terms and conditions
- Promoter: Essential Insurance Services, a trading style of Essential Finance Group (UK) Limited registered in England and Wales, No. 9357808 whose registered office is 1st Floor, Cloister House, Riverside, New Bailey Street, Manchester M3 5FS (“Essential Insurance” or “The Promoter”)
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of this promotion. By participating in the Essential Insurance refer a friend scheme (“The Refer a Friend Scheme”), existing Essential Insurance customers (“Referrers”) and the friends or family members that they refer (“Referred Friends”) are considered to accept the following terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude you from the promotion if you do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Eligibility: Referrers must be an existing Essential Insurance customer. Referred Friends must not have made an application for insurance or have been quoted for insurance through Essential Insurance Services or already be an existing customer of Essential Insurance. The Refer a Friend Scheme is open to Referrers and Referred Friends who are UK residents, over 18 and only applies to Referred Friends who become a new customer (“New Customer(s)”) as a result of purchasing a new life, critical illness or income protection policy through Essential Insurance Services where the annual premium is over £200.
- Employees of The Promoter and its associated companies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- Reward: The “Reward” is one £50 Gift Card of choice (“Gift Card”) such as an Amazon.co.uk, John Lewis & Partners or Marks & Spencer Gift Card. This will usually be delivered as an e-Gift Card.
- Once a Referred Friend has participated and made an enquiry, they and their Referrer will receive a Reward if the Referred Friend becomes a New Customer, subject to these conditions.
- To participate in this promotion and qualify for the Reward, Referred Friends must provide their own contact details (full name, telephone number and email address) either by i) using our online ‘Refer a friend’ form (which can be found in the ‘existing customer section’ of the Essential Insurance website) or ii) calling 0800 612 8005. If the Referred Friend chooses to make an enquiry and contact Essential Insurance directly by phone or via the website, they will need to tell us who referred them and give us the Referrer name and postcode.
- If a Referred Friend that the Referrer has introduced decides to take out a policy through Essential Insurance and once they have either (i) paid for the first three (3) months premiums in full or (ii) paid for their insurance policy in full at the time they take out the insurance, both the Referrer and the New Customer will receive a £50 Gift Card (“Gift Card”) of their choice.
- To receive the Gift Card, the Referrer and the New Customer will need to complete a claim form (“Claim Form”). The Claim Form will be sent to the Referrer and the New Customer, and this must be completed and sent back to the Rewards Team at Essential Insurance at The Promoters address and must only be returned after the 3rd premium payment has been made by the New Customer or if the New Customer paid for their insurance policy in full at the time they took out the insurance (see point 9). The completed claim form is required to enable The Promoter to check eligibility and that they hold the correct contact details.
- The Promoter will withhold issuing of Gift Cards without notice if we suspect fraud, abuse or if any party breaks the terms and conditions of this offer.
- The Referrer and the New Customer will only receive one £50 Gift Card* (“Gift Card)”) subject to all terms and conditions being met for this promotion.
- All Referred Friends will be contacted by telephone/sms and/or email using the contact details that have been provided to us in relation to this promotion. The Referrer introducing the Referred Friend will be identified in the subject matter of the phone call/SMS and/or email to confirm to us who introduced the Referred Friend.
- Gift Cards will be delivered to the Referrer and New Customer subject to receipt of the Claim Form and within 28 days of the first three months being paid in full (see point 9i) so long as both the Referrer and the New Customer policies are still in place and all payments are up to date. Or within 28 days of the New Customer's new policy starting if the New Customer has paid in full (see point 9ii), so long as both the Referrer and the New Customer policies are still in place and all payments are up to date.
- Gift Cards will not be sent should either party cancel their policy prior to the 3-month premiums being paid in full.
- Gift Cards are issued and sent electronically, by eMail and The Promoter does not accept any liability for Gift Cards not received.
- Amazon can be viewed at amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
- John Lewis can be viewed at https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/shopping-with-us/terms-and-conditions
- Marks and Spencer can be viewed at https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/legal-and-ethical-policies/what-are-the-gift-cardegift-card-terms-and-conditions
- The Gift Cards are non-transferrable, and no cash alternative will be offered. In the unlikely event that the chosen Gift Card becomes unavailable, a suitable substitute of equal or higher value will be supplied instead.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer being run by Essential Insurance or any of its associated companies.
- Where a New Customer is recommended by more than one friend, the payment of the Gift Card will be made to the Referrer who is named first by the New Customer - as per the date and time stamp collected by The Promoter.
- A New Customer can only make one purchase in conjunction with the Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Referrals not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be considered viable for the reward of the Gift Card.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the offer at any time, however, Referred Friends recommended prior to the offer being withdrawn will still be eligible to take part.
- Essential Insurance may decline to quote in some circumstances. Insurance policies are subject to eligibility and exclusions.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found to be void or unenforceable, that term shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Please note: Amazon.co.uk, John Lewis & Partners and Marks & Spencer are not a sponsor of this promotion. Please see their company websites (as noted in point 18) for complete terms and conditions relating to use and redemption of the Gift Card you have chosen.
EI RAF T&C V4 06/21
Updated Friday, 26th June 2021